Monday, September 8, 2008

I LOVE being a grandma!! (part II - the lake) ;-)

As you all may remember from part I - we rented a cabin on Hugo lake so that everyone could get together before the summer was gone. We had amazing weather with temps in the upper 80's and clear skys. I know there is a lot of pictures here, but with over 300 to choose from, this is but a portion of our time there! Hope you enjoy!!!






Me & Cecil with all 5 of our awesome grankids! How I love being a grandma and wouldn't trade the world for a single moment!



OK - our trip starting with the packing - had to make sure we didn't forget anything! ;-) (actually he loved being in that thing)


Then mamaw and papaw took off alone to get things set up before the troops arrived!

Although turns out papaw spent his few minutes of peace fishing while mamaw set up for the troops
When Stef & family arrived we took Skye on her very first boat ride - she loved it!!



We played at the park......




Played in the water...


Had a BLAST on the boat....



Ate a TON of food!!!


And just enjoyed spending time together...















We took some family pictures that really turned out good - you can certainly see the variety of personalities ;-)






Doesn't Kylie look so excited about the picture thing!



Then it was time for campfires, roasted marshmellows & smores....

Hey whose that kid in the background! hehe (goofball Colton)




Then celebrated Madelynn being 1!!! Is she too cute or what?



Yep - she's walking! Big girl!!


Blayne LOVED the cake!!


In the end we were all sad to leave - the kids all begged Papaw and Mamaw to buy the cabin and let us all live there together forever!!


We were tuckered out but loved every second of it and can't wait to get together again!



I am truly the luckiest mom & grandma ever!


5 comments:

Julie said...

How FUN! What cute grandbabies you have!! I am glad you guys had such a great time. I love family vacations!

Loyce said...

How fun! Please send me the family pictures so I can print them. I love Kylie's short hair, Maddie is so Big! What a wonderful bunch. And Cecil with no glasses.

Love, Mom

Kasey said...

It was sooo much im soo happy we were able to do it!!!! Love you!

heidib said...

Hi Kristi! I am so jealous. I wish Keats and I could have been there with you all. It looks like the perfect family vacation. Maybe next year! :) You look very happy and relaxed and your grandbabies are beyond gorgeous. Love you, Heidi

heidib said...

Kasey, your kids are so gorgeous. You look so happy! Hopefully I can see you all soon! xoxoxo Heidi