Thursday, December 18, 2008

Snow Day in Seattle

Yesterday morning I woke up hoping against hope that we would have a snow day and school would be cancelled, but when I woke up at 5 am and peeked outside, there was no snow on the ground and there was no snow falling out of the sky. So I started to get ready for my day. Then a little voice in my head told me to call the district hotline just in case. Sure enough, school was cancelled. It was supposed to snow at 7 am, and they didn't want to be stuck with a bunch of kids at school with no way to get them home. So, Even though the roads were too treacherous to go school I spent my day shopping for Christmas presents!
For those of you who have never lived in the Seattle area just know that they cancel school for even one flake of snow. It is ridiculous, but secretly we love it.

Yesterday they kept claiming that it was going to snow. First it was 7 am. Then 10 am. Then 2 pm. Then 6 pm. Then 10 pm. By the time I went to sleep at 11 pm last night there was not a flake in the sky.

So this morning when I woke up at 5 am, there was a little bit of snow on the ground. I called the hotline and schools were delayed 1 hour. I must admit I was a little disappointed. I was hoping for another day off. Reluctantly I started getting ready for my day. At 6 am I figured that I better call the hotline again just to make sure that I had heard right. They had changed the message! Schools were Cancelled again due to "increasing snowfall"

So I'm happy to report that we have a snow day and there is actually snow on the ground! Although it is only an inch, at least its something! You've gotta love Seattle! So for all of you who are stuck in 6 inches of snow or more and below zero temperatures, I thought I would show you a pictures of what we in Seattle have to deal with!.

One inch of snow and school is cancelled for two whole days! I love it!

4 comments:

Turner Girls said...

Yeah, I wish we could get a snow day for the constant downpour of snow we are having today! They hadn't even plowed the roads yet this morning and we had to get up and get off to school : ( Some people have all the luck! I guess if everything did shut down here and in Idaho for snow we would be trapped inside all winter!

GHB said...

Maybe you need to get a second job with all your time off. Ha!! Love ya

Loyce said...

It does look beautiful in your picture. Come on over and we will build a snowman with our mounds of snow.

Love you,
Mom

Yoli said...

Hee Hee! Your post was so funny!! Your two days off sound wonderful! We are jealous of all of ya'll SNOW!!! :)