Friday, June 26, 2009

Michael Jackson

So, it's the first day of my summer vacation and I have spent the day on the couch watching every Michael Jackson video ever made. I know most of you know how much I loved him as a musician and performer. I'm so sad that I will never have the chance to go to one of his concerts. A funny story... This year, in Interlake High Schools Yearbook, the picture of me is not the traditional head shot. Instead it is a picture of me holding the Thriller Album that is displayed in the corner of my classroom. The caption states, "Ms. Buhrmester's secret crime, She's in love with Michael Jackson!" If there is one tribute I can give to Michael Jackson, it is that a new generation of kids (my students) will all know what an amazing performer he is. They all already listen to him and tell me every time they add a new song of his to their ipods! :)

6 comments:

Turner Girls said...

I remember how exciting it was waiting to watch the video when Thriller came out. No matter what,I have to say that he was an awesome performer!!

Loyce said...

How very sad, prescription drugs once again in question. He was a great performer, I remember him doing the moon walk on TV and how exciting that was.

GHB said...

His music, dancing and vocals were always so pure. I enjoyed many of his songs.

heidib said...

I can remember him doing the moonwalk for the first time on tv too mom! I have been enjoying watching his videos an d dancing with Keaton all weekend. Introducing Keaton to his talent!

Mariposa said...

so...did you sleep with your MJ marionette that night?

Turner Girls said...

"There wasn't nothing strange about your daddy," he said. "It was strange what your daddy had to deal with, but he dealt with it."

"Ever since I was born, daddy has been the best father you could ever imagine, and I just wanted to say I love him so much." -My two favorite parts of Micheal Jackson's memorial service. I never really followed him but his memriol service was beautiful. ~Sarah