Saturday, January 24, 2009

Poor Colton

Well this whole week colton has been really sick and running a very high temperature. I called the doctor tuesday morning to see if they could get him in and I was told they had an opening in a week. Well in a week one of two things would be happening, One he would be okay and everything would pass or two he would be in the hospital cause it got worse. Well after about an hour I decided I would just take him to the ER so he could start on medicine and get better. Once at the ER we sat for 7 hours and only saw someone for about 30 minutes. They did a chest x ray and that was it and we were told he had bronchitis and were sent on our way. I was very upset about that visit. Thursday evening the kids and I drove up to moms house to see her and just to get away from life. Well yesterday colton was still not better and seemed to be doing worse. So mom and I decided I should just take him to the ER here. I was there an hour and a half and they had already taken blood, done an x ray and swabbed his nose. After a total of only three hours we were walking out of the door with an answer unlike the other hospital who seemed like they could care less about us. Colton tested positive for influenza. But he is so far past the window to give him medicine (thanks to the other hospital) that he just has to stick it out for a couple more weeks. Yeah i said a couple more WEEKS. He already looks miserable I cant imagine having to go through for a couple more weeks. He has a really bad cough so they put him on phenergan with codene. I feel so bad for him. Madelynn had her flu shot, she has to get it every year since she had RSV as a baby it puts her at a higher risk for any respitory infections, but kylie and the rest of us have not had the flu shot. We have been around him for a week though already so there is no reason to stay away from him now! LOL! I am just glad that I finally have an answer, so please pray for him to heal fast.
I love you all!!! XOXOXO

3 comments:

Loyce said...

Gee some doctors! I hope he gets to feeling better quickly. Wish I was there to help be his nurse. I love you all.

Love, Grandma

My Life Est. 1984 said...

I'm so sick of the quality of health care lots of people provide, you think that since you are paying so much freakin money they would at least give you answer that is useful. I'm so sorry your sick colton we are definantly praying for you bud.. we love and miss you guys!!!

Julie said...

We are praying for you sweet boy!