Friday, January 2, 2009

My brother Jimmy


I just love this picture - to me it shows exactly who he is - a gentle and kind person who loved his son with everything in him.
I think about Jimmy every day - I have always been a person who is very proud of my family. I love to tell people stories, show them pictures, and the greatest times to me is when we can all be together. I will hold Thanksgiving '06 in my heart dearly forever as that was the last time we were all together as a complete family. I am so sad that I will never be able to tell him I love him or hug him again.
If there is anything that can be learned from this tragedy it is don't put off what should be done today. There are so many should haves, and was going to's. I will never forget the last time I talked to my mom about a week before Jimmy died, he was there visiting, but as usual I was "busy" and figured I would talk to him next time. Well that "next time" I was standing over his grave telling him goodbye. What is life without family and making every effort to let them know you love them and are there for them. You can have the biggest house, the best job, and all the money in the world, but if you end up spending the rest of your life wishing you would have taken the time to say I Love You one more time the rest of it means nothing.
To my family - please never doubt my love for each and everyone of you. I am here for you when you need me and even when you don't.
Jimmy left me with great sadness, but he also left me with an understanding and a new direction. In death as in life he brought us closer ~ Never Forget! I love you Jimmy!

3 comments:

Buhrmi8 said...

I love you Kristi!!

My Life Est. 1984 said...

Thanks for coming back to the family Kristi, I enjoy everytime I see you and no matter what you have open arms give me a hug and say I love you. I think your right I think to easily people get caught up with making mney and having big fancy things.. etc. and also another thing is I think we to easily get caught up in only wanting to be around people with fancy things, and money because we thing that is the most important thing in life. Sometimes I get down thinking I will never be able to fit in because I will never have a ton of money, nor do I ever want a ton of money. But you don't judge anyone, you have open arms no matter what. I love you Kristi and if Jimmy knew how much you except and love all of us.. I think you are safe to know he knew you loved him.....

Joyce Becerra said...

Oh how my heart continues to break over Jimmy, such a handsome & wonderful man!

Love Aunt Joyce