Saturday, October 4, 2008

State Fairs

So our summer is officially over. The rain has come and the weather is turning colder. Before the good weather went away, Rob and I were able to take advantage of a great September. We went to the Evergreen State Fair in Monroe, and we were able to go to the Puyallup Fair twice.
Rob, with his amazing deal finding skillz got us free tickets to go see Weird Al Yankovich.


I was a little skeptical but was looking forward to seeing the performances of "Fat" and "Eat It." It turned out to be a great show. We really enjoyed ourselves. It was high energy and the entire thing was surprisingly funny. Unfortunately during the show, it began to downpour and we had a 45 minute motorcycle ride home. I was grateful I had brought my ski jacket. By the time we got home I literally had puddles of water in my shoes. :)


Again, thanks to Rob's Skillz, we saw Kid Rock in concert at the Puyallup Fair. Rob found the tickets on Craigslist at 6:00 pm and the show started at 7:30.  The only problem was, the tickets were in Everett.  So we jumped on the motorcycle, rode up to Everett, picked up the tickets, and then turned around and went all the way to Pullyup.  We made it about 10 min. before Kid Rock took the stage.  Again, I was pleasantly surprised. Kid Rock put on a great show! There was even a guest performance by Rev Run from Run DMC. 



We also went to the Puyallup Fair with some friends during the day. Of course we Ate (Rob has found a new favorite!). We saw Mutton Bustin' and there was a Pig who had just had piglets... All in all, we had a great time.

Rob enjoying Curly Fries at the Puyallup Fair.

Rob Enjoying Curly Fries at the Evergreen State Fair (yes he did share!).
The Pig feeding her piglets.  She had eight.  Can you count them all (you can only see the butt of one).  They were pretty cute for pigs! 
Me and some friends anxiously awaiting Mutton Bustin' (it's like bull riding for kids).

An example of Mutton Bustin'

6 comments:

Loyce said...

I love the Puyallup fair and all the fun food, especially the Seattle taffy! Glad you had fun.

Love, Mom

Julie said...

Wow that was the most fries I have ever seen in one serving! Hope you guys didn't get a belly ache!The kids rodeo sounds interesting. Glad you had fun.

Kasey said...

That sounds like soo much fun! Im glad you guys had fun!

Kasey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mariposa said...

wierd al, huh? you never cease to amaze me.

A Momma said...

A few years ago we saw Weird Al at the Utah State Fair. It was a dream of Scott's and I lived to tell the tale. However, I can't believe you went to Kid Rock. Yuck. I miss the Puyallup Fair, I haven't been for like 10 years or more!