Friday, August 15, 2008

Europe!!!!

Day One:

We boarding the plane in Salt Lake City at 10:00 am had a lay over in Chicago and finally arrived in London Heathrow Airport at about 7:00 am (London time) the next day.


Day Two: LONDON BABY!

Immediately after Arriving in London our adventure began. We dropped our Luggage off at the hotel and started sightseeing. (They say it is good for Jet Lagg, but I wanted to kill everyone. I would have to say this was the worst day of the entire trip.)






This is Piccidilly Circus. We took the metro (Subway) from our hotel to here, we got to have free time where we had lunch and looked around. I was so tired I just wanted to sit and do nothing. But it was fun. All the London Businessmen were at lunch so it was fun just sitting and listening to all them talk British. :)

The picture below is of the George Albert Museum. It was pretty fun, but again I was very very tired and could have cared less. I actually ended up falling asleep on a bench right outside the museum.





Day Three:

We started the day with a sightseeing bus thour of all of London. We stopped at St. Pauls Catherdral. This is where Princess Diana and Price Charles got married. The doors are where they came out of. Then we went to Buckingham Palace and saw the changing of the Guards. The man in the Purple Jacket is our tour guide for the day and the other was DAVID. I love David. He was our Tour Director. He was the only man with us everyday every night. He put up with a lot. He was the best!








Day Four: Today we went to Stonehedge and then to Bath to see the Roman Baths. It was a really pretty little town. If I were to go back I would spend a lot more time in Bath. Bath is were Jane Austen was born and a couple of her stories take place there.




Day Five:

PARIS

We took the Eurostar under the English Channel to PARIS. This first night in Paris was so much fun. We got to walk up about 300 stairs to this old church and then you could see all of Paris. It really was pretty amazing.




Day Six:


We went to church in Paris, which was quite the experience. We also were able to go to see Notre Dame and a walking tour around Paris. I love Paris, it is so pretty there.



Day Seven:


We started out the day with a bus tour of Paris. We made stops at the Arch de Triumphe and the effile tour. Then we ended at the Louve. I was even able to show some tricks and meet new friends.





Day Eight:


We made our way to the Palace of Versilles. It really was beautiful. Most of all the garden was amazing.




That night we took the midnight train to Milan and from there on out we were in Italy. We went to Milan, Florence, Lake Como, Ravenna, Assisi, Venice, Pisa, The Vitican, and Rome. It was amazing!!!!








And that was the end of our trip. We headed home, had some plane delays and were all very tired.




But even though I am so glad to be back in America, I did have a lot of fun. Next time I will do some things differently but for the first time, and maybe only time I am happy with my European Holiday.


7 comments:

Loyce said...

What a great trip, thanks for sharing the pictures with us.

Love, Mom

Yoli said...

Misty, what great pictures. Your comments about being so tired made me laugh. Loved your trick picture! It looks like you saw evertything! You lucky duck! :)

Cindi B. said...

Love it! Thanks for sharing. Love it. It made me jealous. Next summer I definitely have to plan a trip. Good luck with the School Year! :)

Buhrmi8 said...

No Cindi, we are going to Hawaii remember? Or Mexico, I want to learn to surf. Maybe Fiji?
And Yoli, I did see everything, and trust me, you would need more then two weeks to see it. We were all VERY VERY Tired.

heidib said...

Thanks for the pictures Misty. I am so happy that you were able to go. What an amazing trip. I love all the pictures. I am glad you made it home safe and sound. xoxoxo Heidi

KristiLee said...

How exciting - I love the pictures too!
Will you stop by Texas and pick me up on your way to Fiji?
Love you!!

Kasey said...

It looks like you had a blast! Thats awsome! Its a trip i would love to take.
Love ya
kasey, marc, colton , kylie and madelynn!