Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Women of Steel Triathlon

Saturday morning I got up bright and early to race in a women's only triathlon. I dreaded doing it. I had signed up and paid months ago, but then so many obstacles got in the way. I was having serious foot troubles and had not been running much. I hadn't biked at all. (My swimming was about the only thing that I had been doing.) Rod and the boy's were gone on a Father's and Sons camping trip so I would need to get a babysitter for 7 am! I just thought it would be so much easier to stay in bed! Danielle was kind enough to spend the night and babysit, so I decided I had better go. I was so glad I did. It was so fun. (At least it was when it was all over!) Tanya Boyer and I before the race. Tanya ended up placing 4oth overall and 1st in the swim! Wow! I ended up about in the middle. There were about 533 women racing.

When it was over we ran into Shauna Carter and Kirsten Bybee.

2 comments:

Cindi B. said...

YOU ARE AMAZING!!! Congratulations. I'm glad you talked yourself into getting out of bed. Very impressive.

KristiLee said...

Good for you! You never cease to amaze me!