Thursday, May 8, 2008

Halle's Haircut

Several months ago Halle asked me if she could cut her hair short. As a stall tactic I told her that she should wait until it was long enough to give it to Locks of Love http://www.locksoflove.org/. She patiently waited. We researched Locks of Love and talked about why some children might need a wig. I have to say she really was looking forward to sharing her hair with these special kids. Well the night before her hair appointment we were discussing if we really could go through with it. She was worried and uncertain. She asked Rod what she should do and he told her "just do it". So she did! I know she was scared but she was very brave. I am so proud of her! Check out the length of her hair. I didn't realize how long it was!
Check out the length of her hair. I didn't realize how long it was!
This moment was probably the scariest for Mom! Ouch!
Here is the ponytail that will be sent to Locks of Love.
Her hair looks adorable, although it will take some getting used to! We are very proud of her for making the sacrifice for others who aren't so lucky.

1 comment:

KristiLee said...

Good for you Halle - You are so grown up!
Remember Aunt Kristi loves you!